As of 4:00pm March 25, 2020 the Office of Veterans Affairs is closed to walk in customers. We are accepting and processing mail and fax communications. Please call 802-828-3379 if you need further assistance.
Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery COVID-19 Guidelines
In order to provide a safe environment for all at the Vermont State Veterans Cemetery, the following guidelines are effective immediately and continue until further notice:
• All services, chapel or graveside, will continue with the following restrictions
o Based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Cemetery Administration guidance, a maximum of 10 family members/guests are allowed, regardless of the location
o Fewer chairs will be available for seating in the chapel and will be spaced further apart
o All chairs used will be disinfected before and after each service
• Sectional restrictions for chapel or graveside remain in effect
• Arrive no more than 20 minutes prior to the scheduled committal, and depart immediately after
• Rescheduling is an option, understanding that with the continued uncertainty of circumstances, it may be well into the Fall months
• Attendance by additional and/or external organizations, i.e. Patriot Guard, VFW/Legion Honor Guards, Marine Corps League, etc., present an opportunity for additional exposure and therefore are prohibited at this time.
• Cemetery staff are directed to maintain a safe social distance at all times. Guests are encouraged to maintain a safe social distance during services.
• Cemetery staff will conduct extra disinfecting of bathrooms, common areas, doorknobs/handles, and countertops
• As with many elements of life these days, these cautionary restrictions are subject to change with little or no notice
Welcome to the Vermont Office of Veteran Affairs
Our site contains information to help you understand what benefits and services are available for Vermont veterans. The site consolidates information from numerous federal, state, and private organizations in order to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
To the left, above, and right are our main navigation links to find your way around the site.
Finally, it gives you an opportunity to provide feedback to improve the site.