Skip to main content

Military Retirees

Below is information relevant for Military Retirees living in Vermont

Where Can I Find Information About Healthcare for Military Retirees?

See our TRICARE page for information about health benefits for military retirees.

Who Do I Contact to Answer Questions About My Military Retirement Pay?

Contact the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Where Can I Get a Military ID Card?

You can get military ID Cards from the following locations in and around Vermont. Make sure to call first to get their hours of operation, as not all locations are open full time.

  • Colchester - (802) 338-3419
  • South Burlington - (802) 660-5225
  • White River Junction - (802) 295-0050
  • Chicopee, MA - (508) 968-4180
  • Latham, NY - (518) 786-4406

I’m a Military Retiree and Disabled Veteran. How Are My Monthly Payments Affected?

The Department of Defense has two programs that reduce the reduction in retired pay due to receipt of Disability Compensation for some disabled retirees. To find out how this may affect you, visit DefenseLink